Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Pearson comments    

Pearson comments

Ximenam85
Colombia

Pearson comments

Dear colleagues:

I want to know your opinions about the books from pearson such as summit and top notch, thanks in advanced for your replies.

Sincerely

Ximena 

2 Oct 2017      

Petagaye
Canada

I use those books a  lot and find them extremely useful.
Best of luck.
Peta-Gaye

3 Oct 2017     

omarengteacher
Peru

I have worked with Top Nothch (from fundamentals to 3) and summit 1 and 2, for 3 years. 
The conversation examples are good.
The activities to do are sometimes to short (big pictures and little content sometimes, as I usually cover 2 pages with those books, no matter what is on those 2 pages). 
The grammar is not the strongest part of them. It tends to be too concise, and sometimes it leaves many important details out. And the exercises tend to be either too simple or too complicated.
I would say the basic level books (fundamentals, TN1 and TN2) are good. But when it should add more content and to see a real progress in difficulty, it lacks consistency on the summit books.
Average book. If it is up to you, I would choose American Headway. 
Hope it helps.  

4 Oct 2017     

bomberito
Perú

I totally agree with omarengteacher. American Headway books are pretty good at each aspect of English language. I dont use them where I work but I always try to get some exercises from them. I highly recommend them.

4 Oct 2017