Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Can you recommend literature on ellipsis, reference and conjunctions?    

Can you recommend literature on ellipsis, reference and conjunctions?

hheyitsme
Tunisia

Can you recommend literature on ellipsis, reference and conjunctions?

Hi everyone,

I am doing DELTA module 2 and I am writing a background essay on discourse markers. What I am focusing on is ellipsis, conjunctions and reference.

The books I already have Cook �s Discourse, MacCarthy �s Discourse for Language Teachers.. But I am looking for more books � literature (no articles though) to support my essay...

Can you recommend any that extensively cover ellipsis, conjunctions and reference?

Thank you in advance,

Sondes 

18 Nov 2017      

Jayho
Australia

Image result for exploring grammar in context 
I find that this text is comprehensive in terms of ellipsis.

Image result for the grammar book

This also has an extensive section on ellipsis. 

I�ll be interested to know what you find on reference and referential devices.

20 Nov 2017     

hheyitsme
Tunisia

Thank you. I ll look for a soft copy of them...

I am now focusing on reference expressions and I found that Cook, Halliday and Hassan, McCarthy talk about it... I still havent pondered on ellipsis or conjunctions yet...

20 Nov 2017     

Oargalo
United Kingdom

hello! if you �d like to save money when you buy the right book or textbook, you could use service booksrun that helps to sell and buy used textbooks quickly, moreover, as you can understand, it allows you getting your cash back and free the home space

25 Nov 2017