Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Basic English for Arabs"    

"Basic English for Arabs"

irisha_dl
United Kingdom

"Basic English for Arabs"

Hi everyone,�

Maybe someone could help me, I have ordered this book "Basic English for Arabs" by Andy Hopkins, but it hasn �t arrived yet and I need to use it on Wednesday. Where can I download? any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Iryna

9 Mar 2009      

r.a.i.n
Saudi Arabia

Hi Iryna

I searched for this book but I couldn �t find it, sorry I really want to help you

good luck  

9 Mar 2009     

irisha_dl
United Kingdom

Thank you anyway :)

9 Mar 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

You really should not worry so much if that book is not available

I myself have been dealing with basic English for people of different origins, including Arabs, and I can �t really see what addition  such a book can bring (Besides how can one deal with Arabs as one entity, knowing their native languages (Morroccan Arabic - Mine- and Egyptian arabic, for example  differ in several ways, the same goes for other dialects, add to that   the backgrounds, and the environments  which also differ in a myriad of ways...

In a word, If I were you, I would take any elementary  �good � textbook  and use it (NEW HEADWAY, ENGLISH FILE, MARKET LEADER..... to mention but a few). I really  don �t think there is  basic English for the chinese, another one for the French,  and so on.... such �commercial � methods, I think,   were  designed to sell...

9 Mar 2009     

irisha_dl
United Kingdom

You are quite right, and I am not worrying about it and there is no big deal about that book, why I am interested in that book, because it has a section of helping to teach how to write properly, I mean all the letters.�

10 Mar 2009