Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > adverbs    

adverbs

sangeeta.chaudhri
India

adverbs

Please help!

Which/ what are the adverbs in the following sentence

Come to my house and study with me.

(please mention the knd of adverb it is too.
Thanks!!! 

26 Nov 2017      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Sangeeta,

There are NO ADVERBS in the sentence:

"Come to my house and study with me."

An adverb is a type of word whose chief function is to specify the mode of action of a verb, such as quickly in "They walked quickly."

An adverb can also modify an adjective, another adverb, and some other classes of words.

The Parts Of Speech in the above sentence are:

Come = Verb; To = Preposition: My = Possessive Determiner; House = Noun; And = Conjunction; Study = Verb; With = Preposition; Me = Personal Pronoun (Object).

I repeat, there are NO ADVERBS in the sentence: "Come to my house and study with me."

I hope that I have helped you. 

Les Douglas 

26 Nov 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Dear� sangeeta.chaudhri,
In your sentence,� �to my house � is an � adverbial modifier of place� (sometimes referred to as an adverbial of place.) This is not exactly an �adverb�, but I think that�s what you wanted to know.
Hope this helps,
Giorgi�

27 Nov 2017     

rolltheballaz
Vietnam

To update to an electronic compass (updates as you turn it) and the altimiter/barometer, go with the Garmin etrex Summit HC.

27 Nov 2017     

maryse pey�
France

What has the last post to do with the grammar question ??? It is a SPAM, isn �t it ? So please don �t open the given links !!!

27 Nov 2017     

sangeeta.chaudhri
India

thank you all so much!!!! The sentence was in one of the grammar workbooks  for identifying the adverbs... wanted to be sure that there was none!

Thank you once again! 

27 Nov 2017