Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Daffynition Game , December 4, 2017    

Daffynition Game , December 4, 2017

Gi2gi
Georgia

Daffynition Game , December 4, 2017

Thanks again , dear Les Douglas for picking my stupid daffynition.

Dear ESLprintables members, here �s a new term to which I new your ... hm... nice ...  daffynitions.

Let your imagination go wild!     

So the word is:

valetudinarian

Cheers,

Giorgi 

4 Dec 2017      

agagug
Canada

I am sorry, but I will not be partipating this week. I had to take a sick leave and I will extend it to my participation of Daffynition. I lost way too much hair over the last two years. I am now wearing a winter hat in class when teaching; otherwise, I am catching a cold every time I am without it. I often end up with no energy because of a severe fever; last time I paid the doctor a visit, he told me my temperature was 98.7 degrees Fahrenheit, or 37,05 degrees Celcius. It was an awful experience to feel so hot and not knowing how to cure myself. I just hope it �s nothing serious. See you around if I ever get better.

4 Dec 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@agagug, are you a man or a mouse? Show some valetude, man! Pull yourself together, flex your muscles, look in the mirror and say, �I am a big, strong valetudinarian!� Believe it! 

Valetudinarian: bold, strong fellow/woman.

4 Dec 2017     

agagug
Canada

@cunliffe

I am no woman indeed, therefore not gifted of the essential stamina sustaining a healthy life. I caught a what we call here a: "man�s cold". Along with fibromyalgia and fear of heights... Poor old me, I am six foot five. 

4 Dec 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@agagug, I am beginning to believe you are serious, in which case, I wish you all the valetudinism in the world.   

4 Dec 2017     

MoodyMoody
United States

A valetudinarian is obviously a person who believes that valets should have an arrogant attitude towards people who wish to check plebian automobiles (i.e., the cars that ordinary people drive).

4 Dec 2017     

agagug
Canada

@cunnliffe Serious? I need to check in the dictionary for that word, but we are not allowed to use one in a Daffynition contest... Anyway, I could not even lift one in my condition. I went to the doctor this morning showing him how I could easily lift my right arm above my head yesterday and how much I am alarmed today that I cannot even lift it passed my shoulder. Now, my doctor is sending me to the Shrink. Poor old me... Would that one be able to help me about my height issue?

5 Dec 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@agagug, I agree, you are too big. Ask your shrink to shrink you. 

5 Dec 2017     

agagug
Canada

Oh my, oh my... I �ve got shrunk... Now I can barely reach the keyboard; and could you tell me why ESLPrintables is now using this "gigantic" font size?

6 Dec 2017