Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My students insist on speaking Turkish in my class    

My students insist on speaking Turkish in my class

ozgememisler
Turkey

My students insist on speaking Turkish in my class

Hello everyone,
I have a multilingual class. I have five foreign students in my class and the rest are Turkish. Although it should be an opportunity for my Turkish students to try speaking in English with those students, they just don �t. I hear lots of Turkish in my class even though I warn them lots of times and I try to include a foreign student to each group when we are doing a group activity. So, my question is: how can I increase the rate of speaking English in class without discouraging the students( e.g. saying that I �ll lower their grades ...)? Thanks a lot in advance!

6 Dec 2017      

Mohamed Hamed
Egypt

Start a competition between the five Turkish Students. The one who speaks only English inside the class more than others will have a present. The present can be a bar of chocolate.

6 Dec 2017     

ozgememisler
Turkey

OK, thank you!

8 Dec 2017