Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help    

I need your help

source
Turkey

I need your help

I have a friend, 35 years old, and he is eager to learn English. His English level is no more than " I �m apple." I �m going to give him private lessons. I �m asking for your suggestions, from where I should start, which sources I can make use of, which subject should be our first.... I �d really appreciate if you shared your experiences with me , thanks in advance

13 Dec 2017      

LadyT87
Austria

http://www.cambridge.org/us/cambridgeenglish/catalog/adult-courses/adult-general-english

There are some helpful books to start with :)

These might help too:

https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/category/language-level/a1

https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/teaching-adults

I think the best way to do this would be using a text and workbook just like in a course with the extra worksheet where needed. The great thing about private lessons is that you can adapt the pace and the necessary exercises to the individual. Since he �s your friend, you might know one or two things about him, interests, hobbies etc. so you can also try to go that way (like, does he like any series? maybe there are some easier episodes or something, though working with videos usually takes time..) ;) Good Luck!

13 Dec 2017     

source
Turkey

Thank you, these websites are really useful. I �m grateful ...

and open to any other ideas. 

13 Dec 2017     

kayazeki44
Turkey

well, first of all, we must know why he wants to learn English. so we can use a useful source and it will be the right choice for you to support your process. if he wants to speak english, he must first listen to english alot- first input, then output. if he wants to pass a test you can give him more grammar. yds publishing in Turkey is efficient at this point. you can search from the internet about YDS. but generally speaking, you must use 4 skills so that he can learn English better. but firs, as is in the process of baby acquiring the language- make him listen, make him read, make him speak and finally make him write... kolay gelsin :))

13 Dec 2017     

source
Turkey

Thanks a lot, he just want to learn for himself, and use it in both daily and business life. Yes I totally agree with you, he must listen, speak and produce something in English.  

13 Dec 2017     

source
Turkey

I �d be glad if you shared me your ws links that are suitable for that student. I can download

13 Dec 2017     

Cyberops
India

Yeah really good website,I like this.
best regards
Cyberops 

14 Dec 2017     

source
Turkey

@Cyberops sorry, did you share a link, i couldn �t get it

14 Dec 2017     

HazratDeewana
Bahamas

Tourism Guider at Kapasan Baba, Kapasan Dargah, Dargah in Kapasan, Hazrat Deewana shah Dargah, Chittorgarh Dargah and Chittor Dargah in India.

19 Jan 2018     

lakshya
India

Working at 

BMI Calculator

BMR Calculator

CALORIE Calculator

24 Mar 2018     

supervisa
Canada

Super Visa is an opportunity for parents and grandparents of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence holders, which is also called Multiple Entry Visa or Visitor Visa. Its duration is about 10 years or before one month of expiry date of passport of visitor. Meanwhile, who got super visa can live in Canada at least for 2 years. The dominant feature of super visa is less processing time than other visas.The rudimentary prerequisite for Super Visa is Letter of Invitation, which includes few basic information of visitor as well as the person who is sponsoring ...such as Full name, DOB, Address and phone number, relation to the person, main motive of that trip, time period for visit, the particular region where the person will live and management of expenses.For more information contact@ +1 (587) 718-8001.

TheSuperVisa.Com provides Super Visa Insurance,Visitor Insurance & all types of Insurance services in Calgary Canada

17 Jul 2018     

1    2    Next >