Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Daffynition Competition, Sunday, December 31, 2017.    

Daffynition Competition, Sunday, December 31, 2017.

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Daffynition Competition, Sunday, December 31, 2017.

Thank you, Sylvie, for choosing me as the Winner of the Competition.

For the coming year, here is another unusual word to get your mouth around.

BORBORYGMUS

Please, submit your stupid, whackey, crazy definitions ... ANYTHING but the CORRECT DEFINITION.

I �ll choose the entry which seems to me to be the most far-fetched!

Best of Luck!

Les Douglas 

31 Dec 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A borborygmus is an extremely boring (bore x2) short fellow that you find yourself standing next to at the New Year �s Eve party. So you think to yourself , how on earth am I going to shake this borborygmus off and find an excitexcitagrandus? 

31 Dec 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Thumbnail for version as of 17:25, 16 November 2015  BORBORYGMUS or the obsessive study of the mushrooms through the BORGIAS � eyes.

Let me tell you about this.

Long ago there was a famous Italian family : the BORGIAS.

Of course they were known for the harm they dId.

One of the members was completely obsessed by the poisonous mushrooms and he decided to write a very precise book with all the possible details  and information he would find (places where he found them, weather, environment and so on). As cameras did not exist he draw with a great skill any species he found (the drawing above is one of his most famous : the RYGolus MUShroomus Borgia BORgius.

So if you are BORBORYGMUS striken you know anything about the mushrooms, know the BORGIA �s book by heart but know absolutely nothing else in the world !

And of course you eat only mushrooms even at the breakfast...

Good study about the mushrooms and the Borgias  Les ! I am sure you are going to tell us very unknown information about all this, won �t you ?

31 Dec 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

The term was quite common until a subspecies of the lion,��The�Barbary lion�(Panthera leo leo) , became extinct. It used to refer to the Barbary having devoured a pygmy :/

31 Dec 2017     

teresasimoes
Portugal

BORBORYGMUS

means the widely loud ado about famous brand sales.

4 Jan 2018