Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ask for help    

ask for help

mimib21
Madagascar

ask for help

Hi dear colleagues,

I ask for help from people who know  exactly about English cultures,traditions.
We are organizing a week for languages and I need help if you would like to advise or give me some photos of English traditionnal costumes and details about meals or website where we can find them.Because now they were confused with other cultures in the internet.
I really need them. Could you help me, please?
Thank you in advance for your help.

25 Feb 2018      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi mimib,

There �s something about food on this one; not sure about traditional dress, I �ll keep looking.  

25 Feb 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

http://projectbritain.com/costume.html says, "England, unlike Wales and Scotland, has no official national dress," but I am not familiar with English dress.

25 Feb 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think that �s right, Mary. I don �t remember hearing about a national dress and I �m English, but Morris dancers come to mind...
Morris dancing is a tradition going back some time and can still be seen all over the country at summer fetes. Most people view them as a bit quaint and eccentric, though! What tickled me  a few years ago was when my friend Tashfeen Khan moved to a small Somerset village and joined the Morris dancers. I was thoroughly impressed! I think Project Britain by Mandy Barrow is an excellent resource and hopefully, will help mimib.
Lynne  

25 Feb 2018     

FrauSue
France

I had a lot of fun teaching my adult English class about pancake racing.
See the history of the Olney Pancake Race here.
And footage of the annual parliamentary pancake race here
We all enjoyed bringing frying pans to class and trying to race ourselves! 

Are you looking for British traditions or English ones specifically?
You could research Burns Night and haggis for Scotland, as well as Scottish kilts.
There is information about Welsh national dress here

26 Feb 2018     

starr1983
Iran

زبان آموزان عزیز که به دنبال آموزشگاه زبان در تهران هستند میتوانند دوره های فشرده آیلتس و آموزش فشرده زبان انگلیسی را در آموزشگاه زبان آیلتس گلدیس بگذرانند.

28 Feb 2018