Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP TO FIND OR CREATE A TABOO GAME     

HELP TO FIND OR CREATE A TABOO GAME

chorima
Spain

HELP TO FIND OR CREATE A TABOO GAME

I need to find and/or to create (if you know how I can get hold of software or a nice template) TABOO CARDS on the topic of HOUSES AND FURNITURE. It would be for INTERMEDIATE/UPPER-INTERM STUDENTS. I was thinking of cards with a matching picture (just in case they don�t recognise the word). I want to hold a competition with my students.

If anyone could help me find something (programme to create PRINTABLE cards; nice template; already-made cards on the topic,.......) I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL TO YOU

Chorima
(BTW:I already did some browsing on the contents section here)

10 Mar 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.murray.k12.ga.us/teacher/kara%20leonard/Mini%20T%27s/Games/Games.htm

Maybe something from this site might be able to help you? :-)

I am not sure how to play taboo... so I don �t know... but there are a lot of game templates here....

10 Mar 2009     

class centre
Belarus

Dear CHORIMA, if you keep asking here on the forum, the author of such game will answer you. I remember downloading a taboo game ( even 2) but do not remember the name of the  author. So, call loudly ! By the way, the game is really good. The sts are delighted.

10 Mar 2009     

chorima
Spain

TO CHEEZELS:

THANKS, YOU ARE A REALLY QUICK AND HELPFUL MIND....I �ve checked the site you suggested. It �s really good for many games BUT unfortunately there is no taboo template

(BTW, this is a basic introduction to the Taboo game: It is a good activity for students to describe things. The object of the game is for the clue-giver to describe the "guess" word on the very top of the card without saying any of the "taboo" words or phrases printed below. The rest of the team try to guess what is being described. It encourages fluency and compensatory strategies when they don�t know/remember a word)

TO CLASS CENTRE:
yes, I think students will be delighted (in fact, they asked me for it)
chorima

10 Mar 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Hi Chorima , check this out . It �s really for science Taboo but it may suit you

http://classroom.leanderisd.org/webs/sciencegames/other_game_templates.htm

10 Mar 2009     

chorima
Spain

THANKS SO MUCH, MARIAMIT, for the tip. I may use the template, if I don�t find anything better......Tongue

BEST REGARDS FROM SPAIN
CHORIMA

10 Mar 2009