Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Conversation textbook    

Conversation textbook

heikeo53
Mexico

Conversation textbook

Hello everybody,

I would very much appreciate your help in the following matter: I �m an EFL teacher in Mexico and looking for a textbook to teach�conversation (AE) to B1 level students� who are between 15 and 25 years old.� It should have lively everyday�topics, slang, idioms and role plays. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

20 Apr 2018      

kwsp
United States

Hi heikeo53,

I recommend SIDE BY SIDE by Steven J Molinsky & Bill Bliss. There are several different levels. If they look too easy than you can try COMMUNICATOR by the same authors. I have been using their books for fifteen years with great success.

kwsp 

21 Apr 2018     

heikeo53
Mexico

Thanks a lot for your reply, kwsp. I �ll check it out.

21 Apr 2018     

joannajs
Poland

There is a book of worksheets with cds related purely to conversations, organized by topics called Discussions A-Z Intermediate in your case by Adrian Wallwork, guess by CUP. Just check it out whether it �s not too demanding. There are listening and reading texts which should generate lots of discussion.

best of luck, joanna 

21 Apr 2018     

heikeo53
Mexico

Great tip,Joanna.  I even found a gratis download. Thanks a lot.

21 Apr 2018