Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > End of year school play : I need ideas please !    

End of year school play : I need ideas please !

BloodyKiss
France

End of year school play : I need ideas please !

Hello everybody !!!

I would like my 6-8 years old to play a paper puppets � play during the end of the year show...

I don �t know what to play, they are beginners,
and the young ones still don �t read well, so it must be a short story, with dialogues.
(French is our native language).

Do you have any ideas ? Any websites where I could get inspiration from ?
An short fairy tale maybe ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Have a good day !
Caroline.

9 May 2018      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I am not sure if this would meet your expectations, but the story of Stone Soup might work for beginning students. 

The play could open with a student saying, " I am hungry, but I have only a stone."  The other students form a semi circle around the cauldron or cooking pot. Each child has a paper vegetable or ingredient for the soup. As each student walks up to the pot  he can say, "Here is a carrot (or other vegetable) for the soup" , as he drops it into the paper cauldron or pot. When every child had added his piece to the pot, the hungry man tastes the soup and says, "Mmm. It is good!"  Then everyone says in chorus, "Let �s eat!" and they all clap.

What I like about this idea is that each student gets to say a line.  It is not complicated. The vocabulary and grammar are simple. It is adaptable to any number of students in the class, and it is a traditional story that many will recognize. 

9 May 2018     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

How about esl plays by Shelley Vernon?

https://www.teachingenglishgames.com/eslplays.htm

10 May 2018