Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ´ing ´ as nouns    

´ing ´ as nouns

medamine
Tunisia

´ing ´ as nouns

1- In our previous test we gave the pupils thefollowing sentence in a � tense/form � task in which the original answer is �Sales � however some pupils used �selling � my question here is whether the �selling � is acceptable. I would appreciate your help.
" However a growing body of research suggest that vaping may be (hazard) ----------hazardous------- and in 2016the us Food and Drug Administration started to enforce rules about the (sell) -----sales/ selling----- production and marketing of trhese products. 
2-  The second example is which choice is more appropriate here: SUPPORTIVE OR SUPPORTING knowing that I feel that supportive is the right choice here but we do also have  encouraging which indicates parallelism
There are a lot of ways to quit smoking and many resources to help you. Family members,

(friends and coworkers may be (supportive / supporting / supported) and encouraging but the
desire and (commitment / treatment / advice) to quit must be your own.)

Many thanks in advance dears. 

18 May 2018      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I would stick with �sales production � - it �s a set phrase. �Selling � would be OK on its own... �to enforce rules about the selling of �. I hope someone with a business background might also reply to you as I don �t really know what sales production is. 

2. Definitely �supportive �.  

18 May 2018     

medamine
Tunisia

Thanks a lot dear cunliffe. I do appreciate your help.

18 May 2018