Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > going like on a Saturday afternoon you wanna ??? that ´s when everything ´s picked over. HELP    

going like on a Saturday afternoon you wanna ??? that ´s when everything ´s picked over. HELP

mari_18cf
Brazil

going like on a Saturday afternoon you wanna ??? that ´s when everything ´s picked over. HELP

I didn �t get what he said in the video. Can you help me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0eWI2SjkQ
Minute: 01:50 "... going like on a Saturday afternoon you wanna ??? that �s when everything �s picked over.
What �s said there? and what does it mean? thanks in advance.

18 May 2018      

kohai
Latvia

18 May 2018     

Jayho
Australia

According to the captions it �s grill out

It must be an American expression as I have never heard it. In fact, that whole clip was very interesting as it is so unlike Australian English. If I went to the US, I �m not sure I �d understand the locals ...

I�m assuming it means to have a BBQ, but perhaps somone else can clarify. Cookout is another American expression for BBQ.

Edit: https://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/03/living/barbecue-bbq-grilling-july-4-feat/index.html

18 May 2018     

yanogator
United States

Yes, Jayho,
We commonly say "grill out" or "cook out" or "barbecue", all meaning the same thing.

Bruce 

18 May 2018     

mari_18cf
Brazil

I got grill out, but it made no sense to me.

18 May 2018     

mari_18cf
Brazil

thanks         

18 May 2018