Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Seeking advice    

Seeking advice

lalles
Tunisia

Seeking advice

Hello dear colleagues, my daughter is 16 and she wants to sit for tests that help her later at university.what are your suggestions ? I �m really confused.thanks inadvance

24 Jun 2018      

joannajs
Poland

Dear Lalles,

It all depends on the LEVEL your daughter. At that age students are often B1 or B2. If she is B1 she may want to do first Preliminary for Schools and later First for Schools (B2). Preliminary may be too low to be recognized by universities, but First may be helpful. She may later proceed with Cambridge Advanced (C1). Another exam which is recognized by most universities around the world is IELTS (Academic version), however I do not believe that at this age she will be mature enough to succeed at this exam.

The pass rate at Cambridge Preliminary is 70%, First and Advanced 60%. IELTS is not graded - you just get a score from 0 to 9 (universities usually require at least 6 and more).

Perhaps one more remark - technically all Cambridge exams are valid for life, IELTS for 2 years.

If I can help you any further, let me know :-)

best, joanna 

26 Jun 2018