Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Competition winner    

Word of the Day Competition winner

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Word of the Day Competition winner

My word, you did well with your definitions of the WOD - buffola! Before announcing the winner, I must apologise. The word I had looked out was ruffolo (or something like that). By the time I posted, it had morphed into buffola, which sadly, isn �t an English word! Is it senility, or dementia? No, it �s an Italian cheese... (sort of) However, it turned out well!
Maryse twigged and mentioned the Italian connection. Spinney shared his memories of his old aunt Gladys surfing in the buff (in her birthday suit). I like that old lady! I loved Giorgi �s rainbow buffala with his/her feather boa. No, jfaraujo, I still prefer Crayola pencils, so Buffolas can stay in their packets.LOL . Les had me laughing out loud, but I �m not going to pick him, because he risked upsetting ABC from XYZ and he �s old enough to know better. . MoodyMoody yes, I like it! A buffola is a wannabee nerd; thinks he knows everything, but he knows (yes, it �s a guy) nahthing! Karagozian, in Spain, turning down beef, No buff, hola! Well, we know she �s crazyWink LOLn �est-ce pas! And redcamarocruiser had Buffola as a great floor-polishing competition. 
Although buffola was a mistake, it was a good one! Buff has many different meanings and I think you covered them all!
Still reading? There can only be one winner.... and it �s redcamarocruiser! I like the idea of all those floor buffers buffing away. So, take it away, Mary!

30 Jun 2018      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Thank you Lynne for choosing my entry!

30 Jun 2018