Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My Eye Test.    

My Eye Test.

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

My Eye Test.

Members:

I may not get much work done on ESLP today, because I can�t see very well.

I�ve been to have my eyes tested.

The Optometrist did various tests on me. She also put drops into my eyes.

During the test, she constantly told me to look at her nose.

I asked, �Do you say that to make me focus my eyes in one direction?�

�No!� she said, �I just like men to look at my nose. I think I have a nice nose!�

�Are my eyes OK?� I asked, anxiously.

�Oh, your eyes are good, ... for someone who�s as old and decrepit as you are, they are quite good!�

I asked, �Why do cover your eyes with one hand when you�re examining me? And why do you constantly shudder?�

�Well, as I say, your eyes are OK � but, the rest of your face � Urrgh!!!

�Perhaps it�s the drops you�ve put in my eyes!� I said, �I can hardly see your face!�

�That�s a good idea!� she said, brightening up, �I think I�ll put some drops in my eyes!�

As I left, she said, �Tell your Doctor that I may write to him.�

�I will! Thank you,� I replied.

�And, don�t forget to tell him about my nose!�

Les Douglas 

30 Jun 2018      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Ditto!! I did have an eye test today as my grandson broke my glasses but it was a usual affair!

30 Jun 2018     

maryse pey�
France

Well, as I am 4-eyed I am Lucky I can see 2 noses ! The problem is that they are Noisy as they breathe really loudly !

30 Jun 2018     

Jayho
Australia

Les, your optomerist seems to have added a little something to her daily afternoon eye �s tea  before she saw you

Image result for eye ´s tea 

30 Jun 2018     

karagozian
France

Dear Les. Your optometrist is not used to seeing such an exceptional person as you are. They were just strategies to keep you a little longer with her. Unfortunately I am not an optometrist. I love your posts even without seeing your nose.

1 Jul 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Dear Les, she knows, tha nose! Were your pupils dilated? Put them outside. 

What is the issue with your eyes? Because I read all the medical pages of every magazine, I tend to think I know everything. Give me a few symptoms and I �ll tell you what the matter is. The solution, almost certainly, will be lens replacement and I �m saying this even before you �ve told us the symptoms. If so, be not afraid, these operations are pretty straightforward nowadays and the results are fantastic. Or maybe it �ll just be new specs for our most SPECtacular poster?

Keep us informed dear friend.

Lynne  

3 Jul 2018     

gharbi2009
Tunisia

Would she have said you had no problem with your eyes if you had told her she had a beautiful nose?  Your eyes are  OK though one needs to have a medical check from time to time.

3 Jul 2018