Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Rap Karaoke?    

Rap Karaoke?

EstherLee76
Peru

Rap Karaoke?

Here �s a weird question for you,

I use a lot of "Talking Flashcards" that I find on Youtube with my kids.  Those videos are very effective.  The problem is, they don �t always have what I want.

I thought of maybe using a rap karaoke and we can make up our own vocabualry chants, However, I couldn �t find anything and since I �m pretty ignorant about rap, I �m not getting anywhere.

Anyone have a clue where I could find a rap audio track with a simple beat?

Thanks so much,
Esther 

6 Jul 2018      

kohai
Latvia

Why don�t you ask your Music teacher or a local musician to record one for you? Any modern keyboard has some Rap Beats...

Or, try sth from the Net:

6 Jul 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Esther,

I know this isn �t what is required, but I can �t resist sharing it. I used this with a group of disaffected 14 year olds who hated French but had to learn this verb - avoir - after three years of learning French, mind you! They could all recite it after a good dose of this. I loved it as much as they did 

Lynne  

6 Jul 2018     

EstherLee76
Peru

Those are perfect Kohai!  Thank you a thousand times!

Lynne - that video is hilarious.  I can understand why your students responded to it.  I know that music really reaches my students. 

6 Jul 2018     

alien boy
Japan

Fluency MC may give you some ideas, too!

8 Jul 2018     

enawilliam
Italy

SPAM REMOVED

9 Jul 2018     

EstherLee76
Peru

Yeah, I �ve seen Fluency MC on Youtube.  Really fun!

9 Jul 2018