Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Using board games when teaching online    

Using board games when teaching online

colibrita
United Kingdom

Using board games when teaching online

Hi everybody!

Who �s resourceful? 😉 I �m trying to work out the logistics of teaching online one-to-one and using a board game (from a Word doc etc) . So.... I guess I can split the screen. But then what do I do about tokens? And throwing the dice. I �m sure there must be a way to adapt it to online without using a special app or such. Can you help?

26 Jul 2018      

kohai
Latvia

You can try Snakes and Ladders Games from EnglishExercises.com. If the game questions have been entered correctly, everything works automatically. You only have to choose a number of players, click �Roll the dice � and tick correct answers. You can choose games from the collection, but be careful and check them before playing. Many of them don�t work properly, or they have only 4-10 questions which makes them boring. Of course, you can use Victor�s template and make a game on your own.

Here is an example of Snakes and Ladders with 44 questions: Idioms and Phrasal Verbs� by ismaelmope.

26 Jul 2018