Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Winner of the caption contest, but I must decline    

Winner of the caption contest, but I must decline

redcamarocruiser
United States

Winner of the caption contest, but I must decline

kiscsepo Hungary I received the following message: Caption contest winner :) Dear redcamarocruiser, Somehow I cannot post anything on the wall...:( So I was not able to let the others know about my choice...:(( but I do hope that you will get my message. For me, the best caption was yours, so now it �s over to you. :) Congratulations :))) Thanks a lot for your participation, your caption proved to be really resourceful and witty. :) Have a gorgeous day! :) �gi However, I cannot accept, as I am on vacation with no car and no internet. Please choose another winner.

21 Aug 2018      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh my word Mary, no car and no internet! I had such a holiday recently. I went to the Outer Hebrides. It was absolutely wonderful; there were meadows, filled with beautiful wild flowers and of course, birds! Now I am in love with meadows. Extraordinary white beaches with turquoise seas. Scotland is so absolutely wonderful. But! One night it rained and there was an irregular tap-tapping on the tent. This could be the opening of an exciting story, but it �s just farcical. I screwed some toilet roll up and inserted it into my ears and a little wadge has got stuck. I �ve done everything to get it out: poked, tweezered, held my ear under the shower, but it �s still there. I didn �t get past the receptionist at the doctor �s, she ordered me to Accident and Emergency. Three days later, I �m going to have to go. Oh, the humiliation! I will be sitting there with the wounded and of course, I will be bottom of the pile because my problem is just not serious. I could be in there for hours. Looking on the bright side, maybe I will make some friends, or at least have time to read a few good magazines! 
Lynne  

22 Aug 2018     

valodra
France

Oh dear Cunliffe,
So funny to read about ...errr ...your holidays ! Mind you, I had hundreds of fleas down here ( because of ...cats !! & hot températures ;-))) I thought my holidays were the worst   - ever. Till I read your post ! :-)))))
Seriously, hope you �ll get better very soon !
BTW , I love beautiful Scotland too ;-)))
Hope you �ll make new friends & recover asap.
Thank you for your messages on the forum - & keep travelling, hey ?
Val  

22 Aug 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks Val. Sorry to hear about the cat fleas Just hearing about it makes me itchy!
I didn �t get seen yesterday. The initial assessor (for the benefit of ELTs, I think the term is �triage nurse �) wondered why, since it wasn �t an emergency, I hadn �t gone to the doctor; said I would be seen, but it might be a wait of 4 or 5 hours and if anyone else came in, they would be prioritised over me, so I left. I will insist on a GP appointment and if the receptionist asks me what it �s about, I will say �Confidential �. But I �m putting it off as my new glasses aren �t right and I need to sort that out with the optician.  I �m not a multi-tasker, although I can drink coffee, eat chocolate, watch TV and browse the net all at the same time.
Lynne  

23 Aug 2018