Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet Information    

Worksheet Information

SHeinegg
Spain

Worksheet Information

Hello everyone:

I have a lot of worksheets, but I �m not sure I can share them.  My main concern is breaking the guidelines or rules of this website.  Often times, I make worksheets for my kids with pictures I scan from their textbook. Then I cut, paste, and edit the clippings and then add writing exercises, questions etc. using the pictures as a visual aid.  I do this so that they immediately associate the picture to something they recognize and can remember the word better.  Of course, I use clippings of pictures, not the entire page, but if that is not allowed, I will not upload them.  If it is not a problem, please someone let me know and I will gladly share them.  Thanks!

11 Mar 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

Taking individual pictures from sites and other sources would appear to be allowed, it is only if the picture is marked with a copyright notice or there are conditions on the page about how it can be used.  I recall seeing a recent entry here about a specific website that does not allow their pictures to be used for other ESL resources.  I know that MES English too has such a restriction.

Again, common sense and basic honesty prevail.  If the picture is a significant part of the worksheet then the source should be acknowledged, but if it is just a simple illustration, then I don �t see the need to acknowledge every single one.

Hope this helps

11 Mar 2009