Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > any ideas pliiiiiiz    

any ideas pliiiiiiz

nounaone
France

any ideas pliiiiiiz

I hope you are doing well teachers.You are kindly requested to share with us ideas about teaching Alphabet ( fun ways please)

29 Aug 2018      

evinches
France

If the ss know the alphabet and numbers up to 26 it �s quite easy to use numbers to dictate words. I sometimes use a simple code 1=A, 2=B etc and get ss to practise spelling words with the code. Example dictate 3, 1, 20 and the kids will find CAT get them to spell out the letters. 
 I �ll try to send a WS with this activity soon.

30 Aug 2018     

rebnap
United States

Make a fun song (not the traditional one).

Sing the letter 3 times and the sound 3 times with a fun sentence

āāā ăăă  apple apple in a tree
bbb (buh buh buh) banana banana 1 2 3...     and so on. 

I did this with my preschoolers. We added a new letter every few days. 

30 Aug 2018     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Hi,

There are some very good flashcards on this site showing letter and picture (a=apple, b=bus, etc). I �ve downloaded quite a few and used them with my youngest SS in this simple way:
* print & cut out cards 
* spread the cards on desk/floor
* Say "give me a word with� (letter)
* Help students find the card, either with gestures or by saying the word in question.
* Give rewards (praise, applause, smiling faces or stars) for correct responses
You can do it as a class activity or a competition, perhaps with small groups of letters, then  the whole alphabet. In the end, they associate the letter isolately pronounced (A = "eI") with the word ("apple") and the picture.

With older kids the Hangman game always works well but make sure your SS ask full questions like "Is there any T"?, "Has it got any A?" etc. Take the chance to practise/preteach "Yes, there are some�"/"No, there aren �t any�"

Regards 

30 Aug 2018     

valodra
France

Hello !
I usually play " Love - like - hate" : The kids have to write their first names on the board and spell it. We ( = class ;-)) choose a boy and a girl. A child writes the 2 names on the board, and erase the letters that are in both names. With the letters remaining on the board,  we "recite" "Love - Like- Hate" till the end. It �s a lot of fun. My kids love it !!!
example :
Paul & Juliet
Erase the letters in commun : we have P - A - J - I - E -T. We recite Love - like -hate for each letter : P = Love / A = Like / J = Hate / I = Love / E = Like / T = Hate !
Paul hates Juliet ! Ha Ha !!!
;-)))
Val 

30 Aug 2018     

domif
France

If you are good at using new technology, have a look here:http://mirage.ticedu.fr/?page_id=4723

30 Aug 2018     

assignmentprofs
United Kingdom

I guess you are asking regarding teaching your kid. Start with one or two alphabets a day and ask your child to note down every thing or object they see during their day which starts with that alphabet and at the end of the day show it to you.assignment service uk

11 Sep 2018