Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > kg1    

kg1

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

kg1

Hi, my friends. I need your help. I will begin to teach kg 1 next week. In fact, this my first time to teach this age. all the time I taught prep stage.The mother tongue of pupils is Arabic, their school is international and this is the first time for them to learn and hear English. I feel lost. I don �t know how to deal with them and I need this work. so I can �t leave this work. can you suggest any advice for me? for instance, how I put the discipline of the class for them.

3 Oct 2018      

joannajs
Poland

Sorry to ask, but what is kg 1?

4 Oct 2018     

maryse pey�
France

I think it means 1st year of Kindergarten ? It sounds logical... in my opinion.

4 Oct 2018     

joannajs
Poland

Hi there,

I guess if you keep an open mind and prepare for it, your kindergarten project has a chance to fly  The students need a routine, TPR and perhaps some stickers (or other system that helps them visualise how well they are doing  - if not in terms of progress in English, perhaps relating to their participation or good behaviour). Flashcards games work at this stage, so do ball games. Anything with movement. Make sure you vary the activities as some learned people say attention span at this age is double their age plus two in minutes (so if they are for example 3 years old, they can do a certain activity for 8 minutes = (2x3) +2.
Have a look at these sites for inspiration:

best of luck, joanna 

5 Oct 2018