Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > past continuous with simple past    

past continuous with simple past

noura80
Algeria

past continuous with simple past

Good evening friends !
Today,I wanna post 2  questions and I need your opinion,please.
1/ Can listening scripts be used during a reading lesson? ie: Students readand listen at the same time.
2/  Have you got links to download scripts about reprting events about accidents or even talking about
embarrassing moments /  dialogues which include week and strong forms of were and was
  Thanks in advance! 

4 Nov 2018      

Aisha77
Spain

If you want scripts but you don �t care about a video, you can get anything yoou want from the you tube. However someone from your country sent these days a link to an exercise that person made: http://www.passporttoenglish.com/ 
I have cut the extension so you can get what you want! 
About if you can use any script while the ss read, I guess it depends on what you actually want. If your main objective is the listening, don �t use any text, but if you want them to understand well, you better use the transcript of the audio.

I hope it helps. 

5 Nov 2018     

noura80
Algeria

Thanks a bunch Aicha 77.I �ll check the link . Have a nice day ,dear friend 😊

5 Nov 2018     

FrauSue
France

I often ask pupils to listen the first time without the transcript and note what they understand, then give them the transcript on the second listening to help them understand more fully.

You can also use transcripts with words missing as a cloze text (fill the gaps) exercise. 

6 Nov 2018