Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > main idea    

main idea

tommy1996
Vietnam

main idea

hel pme with the main idea of the passage:

There are at least 2,000 different languages in the world. Of all these languages, English is the most widely used. It is used by business people, airline pilots and sea captains all over the world. It is also the first language in sports and science. So it is very important to learn English.

Chinese is also an important language because it has the great number of speakers. There are not only over one billion people living in China today, but also many Chinese people living outside China. Chinese is widely spoken in many parts of Asia and Africa. 
Russian is spoken in both Europe and Asia. French is widely understood in Europe and in parts of Canada, Africa and Asia. From more than 2,000 languages, the United Nations has chosen six of them for business. They are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
 Tkanks

23 Nov 2018      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

World languages. The main world languages. The most important languages of the world. The world languages which are the most widely spoken. 

24 Nov 2018     

karagozian
France

Which languages are a MUST today ?

24 Nov 2018     

priscadk
China

Really?  Chinese is spoken in Africa? Well, i guess we learn everyday. 

26 Nov 2018     

karagozian
France

Well, i didn �t know French was spoken in Asia !

26 Nov 2018     

yanogator
United States

Yes, karagozian, the French colonized parts of southeast Asia.

Bruce 

26 Nov 2018     

karagozian
France

Oh, thank you Bruce for reminding me how stupid I am  !!!!  I am actually not Frenh, but anyway should have known.

26 Nov 2018