Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > People with learning difficulties     

People with learning difficulties

haydav
United Kingdom

People with learning difficulties

Dear All, I�ve recently returned to the UK after 20 years teaching in Asia, I�m now working with people with learning difficulties and wondering if anyone had any games we could play?

Kind Regards

David 

21 Dec 2018      

redcamarocruiser
United States

https://kids.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Games_for_Learning_Disabled_Children may have some suggestions.  What age are your students?

21 Dec 2018     

haydav
United Kingdom

Sorry, they are adults 18+ 

Thanks for the reply

David 

21 Dec 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi David!

Welcome back to the UK, you are returning at a very exciting time, eh? Not! Brexit etc... This sounds like a tough number and it�s completely out of my area of expertise, but... would something like this be useful?
I would go for Jenga and Snap. 
All the best,

Lynne  

22 Dec 2018     

maryse pey�
France

Hi David,

I have learnt one important thing : students with Learning difficulties need books with big and colored letters and a lot of pictures.

Short texts with the same structures of sentences. Kinda comics if I may say.

When I have such students I make them notice every possible detail, make them personalize their copybook and their sheets. Of course they need to repeat and repeat.

I have to confess that they learn much more slowly than "average" students but how proud they are when they remember things !

Good luck in your new British life !

23 Dec 2018     

kohai
Latvia

Lynne!

Just now noticed  that you�ve pointed to my Memory Games. Ha-ha! Thank you!

Merry Christmas! 

kohai 

25 Dec 2018     

YuDM
Albania

Hello everyone, Correct me if I�m wrong, but from what I know about dealing with special students is that it is crucial to keep it physical. I mean there shouldn�t be only talking because they easily get tired of too much verbal information. Studying should involve moving around the classroom (let them start the class by coming up to each other to shake hands or hug and have a small talk about weather, news, �how are you and your family?� etc.), or playing with balls or objects that they can pass to each other while talking (like I have a question, I ask it and throw the ball to the person I would like to answer it). Try to add some singing and dancing. I believe no matter how old they are they like to have fun just like kids do.

14 Jan 2019