Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Possible or not?    

Possible or not?

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

Possible or not?

Dear colleagues,

I need your help. I�m not sure if the preposition in this sentence can be used:

There is something inherently logical or beautiful IN the structure of English. 

I would use about but I wonder if IN is also OK.

Thank you in advance for your answers. 

22 Dec 2018      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi zvonka, IN is fine. I�m not sure why, or what those rules are.... But, anyway, IN is correct. ABOUT is also fine. 

22 Dec 2018     

extinctpotato
Poland

Both are okay. There aren�t many rules really. You use prepositions intuitively.

23 Dec 2018     

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

I thought so- I just wanted to be 100% sure. Thank you so much.

23 Dec 2018     

yanogator
United States

I think "inherently" has a lot to do with it, since that implies "in", which doesn�t work quite as well without "inherently".

Bruce 

24 Dec 2018     

susaninha
Portugal

Within the structure of English...

28 Dec 2018     

amanuly2003
Albania

Brainwavz S0. The ��working horse�� with outstanding build quality. Brainwavz S0 with its sleek design successfully reproduces the entire range of musical spectrum. The device is very durable and has the commonly fragile points prudently strengthened �V it will serve you faithfully for a long time.The in-line microphone alongside the remote control will make your musical experience all the more relaxed and enjoyable. Read more - https://musiety.com/the-best-cheap-earbuds/

28 Dec 2018