Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY! DAFFYNITION CONTEST    

WORD OF THE DAY! DAFFYNITION CONTEST

Aisha77
Spain

I have to thank Moody Moody for choosing my dafyinition among all the resourceful ideas all of you had. 
Now, I have to pick up a word (tough task), so... here it goes:
APOPTOSIS 
I can´t wait to read your most fanciful ideas and daffynitions that you ever wrote in here. Let´s get started! ;)
Aisha 

9 Feb 2019       Edit topic

maryse peyé
France 

Oh my ! How cruel you are !

APOPTOSIS

It is an unbearable  torture : It it AN endless listening of the worst POP singer of the season TO Stop the Ideas of Spanish synopsis for the new cinema wave !

9 Feb 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom 

No, no, no! I´m afraid Maryse Peyé is mistaken. Apoptosis is the cause of serious family problems. It occurs in families whose main patriarch, the father, or pop, has stopped washing and starts to stink. They have a case of apoptosis = a smelly father. 

10 Feb 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom 

Nearly right, Spinney! It is an app and with this app, you can choose how you smell. Smart ladies like myself can choose Diorissimo. Courting gentlemen (Ooh, I am old-fashioned!) can choose Old Spice and adolescent boys can choose Sweaty Socks to spite their mothers. 
Ap = abbreviation for application, + opt (choose) + osis = smell/stink.  

10 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain 

MG!!!!!!!!!
I am impressed, this goes so well!! I will have to break my brain to choose if it goes this way!!
LOVE the daffynitionssss  

10 Feb 2019      Edit post     Remove post

redcamarocruiser
United States 

APOPTOSIS

A pop to sis is what unhappy little brothers do to their sis(ter). They hit her (give her a pop) when they are too jealous or angry to use their words. 

10 Feb 2019     

douglas
United States 

APOPTOSIS is an illness caused by of trying to select the right application (app) for your mobile phone from al lthe many options available.

AP-application (app)

OPT- option

OSIS- illness/disease

11 Feb 2019     

failure
Tunisia 

APOPTOSIS hey foolowers! it´s a new planet found by our astraunots where all of us will move after 10 years from now!

11 Feb 2019     

13 Feb 2019