Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD of the 24-02-2019    

WOD of the 24-02-2019

maryse pey�
France

WOD of the 24-02-2019

Thank you so much Spinney ! Puck the pottery Duck is enchanted to have won. Can you hear how happy he is ?

So the word for your brainstorming dear friends is BERGSCHRUND.

Remember only invented daffynition. Funny, crazy, tender, falsely scientific, singing... but NOT real !

I am looking forward to reading your foolish ideas, your stupendous imagination, your...

Cheers to all and thanks again to Spinney.

Maryse. 

24 Feb 2019      

Aisha77
Spain

IT MEANS LITERALLY THIS: BERGOGLIO IS SCHOLAR AND RULES THE UNITED NATIONS system AND THE DEMOCRACY

24 Feb 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

BERGSCHRUND means a wish for health said after a sneeze when drinking beer.  The intoxicated person tries to say �Gesundheit� but since he is drunk, it sounds like �Gschrund�. The last syllable is swallowed (and usually followed by another swallow of beer).

A: Achoo
B: Gschrund...
C: That guy is so drunk he Berschurnded.
D. Ya, I prefer Winegchrunding or Chanpagngschrunding.

24 Feb 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

Oh, come on now! Everybody in Lancashire knows this one. It�s the flavour and smell of a loud belch after eating black pudding. One would say "Sorry for the burp and the bergschund, everybody." Not the sort of thing done in polite society, of course.

24 Feb 2019     

teresasimoes
Portugal

Well, it means a hole in one of your favourite shoes after walking up the mountains for a couple hours without any chance to mend it in order to walk back down.

25 Feb 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s a �luvvie� term. It�s when one actor makes a clean sweep of all the awards. A bit like Olivia Coleman recently. She has won everything! Poor Glenn Close has never had one single Oscar, never mind a bergschrund. Unhappy

26 Feb 2019     

FrauSue
France

It�s a strange, round little dog, the result of crossing a fluffy sheepdog (berger) with a little sausage dog (Dachshund).

26 Feb 2019     

douglas
United States

>>Frau Sue

27 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Douglas: I don�t get it!!
plz explain the joke!! 
Aisha ;) 

27 Feb 2019     

douglas
United States

>>Aisha-

if you bred two different breeds of dog ( a berger and a dachshund) what would you callthe breed of the offspring?

BERGer + dachSCHUND = BERGSCHRUND (an R is added for good measure)

I just thought it was funny trying to imagine those two breeds trying to have puppies together and what the puppies would look like.

28 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

OMG! I thought you posted "FRAU SUE" as the captions, and actually it�s the nickname of a person 
Thanks Douglas, you are very sweet!!

28 Feb 2019     

1    2    Next >