Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported worksheet    

Reported worksheet

mfraczek
France

Reported worksheet

Hello everybody,

One of my worksheets which had been on the site for more than three years was reported yesterday for breaking the rules. I don�t really understand why since I slightly adapted the text from a magazine and created all the the exercises that went with it. According to the rules we are allowed to use texts from books or other sources.
The rules say:
1- You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don�t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.
2- It is acceptable to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books) and add your own exercises or activities, but you are not allowed to take an exercise from another source and add more exercises of your own. All the exercises must be yours. 
I don�t think I committed any mistakes and find it rather unfair. I am deeply disappointed and hurt: I have been a member of this site for a long time and I have always tried to help as much as I could. Now I am wondering if I will keep on sharing my work.
Some members tend to report other people�s work a bit too easily and without taking the time to have a proper look at it. 

Murielle 

1 Mar 2019      

Aisha77
Spain

I know the way it feels, it happened to me, though my work was too presonal, it was a piece of my life story, but I didn�t break rules eather. I wish you the best and take it easy, don�t take it personally, and under my point of view, if you shared ws here for many years, have a look to the good side, I am sure you got many good things from this site, good reports from nice people and even friends... 
Just cause someone reported a ws of yours being unfair, doesn�t mean there are many more things to be here for, that is my point of view, but I understand your discomfort...
Best wishes and now that I know you I hope to see you around more times!
Aisha ;) 

1 Mar 2019     

pisiflor
Spain

It happened to me as well, and more that once. I think Aisha is right: though bad reports can happen it is still a lovely and useful place to come back to. However, thinking twice before reporting someone�s work and  having a closer look would be appreciated...

1 Mar 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Hi Murielle,

Your worksheets are amazing! I hope you continue sharing them.   

1 Mar 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It is like a slap in the face when this happens and Mary is right, your contributions are amazing, Murielle. One other point, though. If more people got involved with moderating, this would not happen. If you have 5000+ points, you can moderate. You can vote against removing any wrongly reported wss. If just a few more people bothered... Oh well, sermon over. 

1 Mar 2019     

Galkakaka
Russian Federation

Take it easy! will those who have reported your wss be satisfied? with what?

1 Mar 2019     

mfraczek
France

Thank you to all of you for your very encouraging messages and advice. 
As Lynne says, it was a slap in the face. I really love this site: it has helped me a lot over the years and I have always found great useful resources. Being myself a moderator, I don�t report worksheets before checking them. Unfortunately some members do....
Have a nice weekend.
Murielle 

1 Mar 2019     

karagozian
France

Your work is great ! This site is great too ! Almost perfect ! Your work is perfect !!!.,

1 Mar 2019     

Cariboo
France

Bon courage Murielle. Keep the faith !

1 Mar 2019     

spied-d-aignel
France

Hi, I don�t see the worksheet you are talking about, but if you think it was wrongly reported  , maybe you can contact Victor and  he will have it restored again, I don�t remember when , but  I am sure he has done that already once or twice. Anyway , keep up the good work and bon weekend. Cheers Sylvie!:)

2 Mar 2019