Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can you help me recognize these words? Thanks in advance. (Making a class to post here)    

Can you help me recognize these words? Thanks in advance. (Making a class to post here)

mari_18cf
Brazil

Can you help me recognize these words? Thanks in advance. (Making a class to post here)

Link for video 

That�s the transcrip I made. I couldn�t understand the highlighted words. I put the time markers to make it easier for you guys. Thanks in advance. 

Firefighters to the rescue. Let�s learn about firefighters.

Don�t worry captain canine, firefighter Lupi ** (00:32) rescue you.

Poops! ***** (00:37). Help! Thanks everyone.I was playing firefighter hero guy to save captain canine when I got stuck to this red thingamajigger. That�s not a red thingamajigger Lupi. That there is an old drinking fountain.

Actually Lupi your�re stuck to a fire hydrant. These fire hydrants have water inside that firefighters use to put out fires. Real life firefighters use these funny-looking things to fight big scary fires? But how? I�m not sure, but firefighters know how. Firefighters work in fire stations. This looks like a job for Junior. Imagination, destination.

Let�s go to a fire station.

Hot dog! Now we look like real firefighters.****** (1:38)

Are you a firefighter? I sure AM. I�m the fire chief of this fire station. Wow! Cool! Is that your fire truck? Well it�s not just mine. It takes the team of brave firefighters to use this fire truck, so we can help people in emergencies. A whole team to drive one truck? What does each firefighter do? Good question! Maybe ****** (2:05) can help explain. Sure, I can show you!

Sometimes you need one firefighter to drive the truck and one to turn on the siren. When there�s a fire, firefighters connect a big fire hose to a fire hydrant and use that water to put out the fire. The water comes from a big water tank that sends water underground to fire hydrants all over town.

Now it makes sense! Thanks tippet!

Anytime Kate!

So that�s how firefighters use fire hydrants to put out fires. Yes, a fire hydrant is a very important tool that firefighters use every day. Chief Pepe�s pizza is on fire we need more help! Copy that. We�re on our way!

No I love Pepe�s pizza.

I really love that one pizza, with the carrots, and the marshmallows�

[Music]

All right kids, it�s important that you don�t go near the fire. It�s not safe!

Okay, but how can we help? I need your help connecting the fire hose to that fire hydrant. Theo and Kate can you unroll the fire hose? You got it! Lupi I need you at the fire hydrant. Junior and Mimi, can you go to the firetruck toolbox and find the fire hydrant wrench? We�re on it!

Great! Now remember fire and smoke is no joke. Let�s be smart and safe and let�s work as a team. You�re doing a great job Lupi. Thanks fire hydrant. When they get here with the fire hose tell them to connect it on my side. That�s where it goes. Okay Do you know which tool is the fire hydrant wrench?

Great job! That�s the fire hydrant wrench. The hose

goes on the side, guys. Thanks Ruby. Now we just need to use the wrench to turn the water on.

It�s too tight! I can�t turn it on. I can help with that!

Thanks handy hands (4:52)?

We did it! The fire is out.

Great teamwork everyone. That�s what being a firefighter is all about. It looks like our job here is done. Imagination destination. Let�s go home.

3,2,1. Got you.

Great team work everyone. Just like firefighters.

Come on, captain canine, not again.

7 Mar 2019      

Aisha77
Spain

I am not sure, but in fact it looks like the subtitles there are in the video are ok. If you hear to the video without them, it is quite difficult to understand those words, I have the same problem you alredy had, but thank God we have the posibility to turn the subs on, and for me they are prefect. But i wouldn�t swear...
Aisha ;) 
Edit: The words seem to be proper names...

8 Mar 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

You did a great job, Mari. 

Firefighters to the rescue. Let´s learn about firefighters.

Don´t worry captain canine, firefighter Lupi ** (00:32) rescue you. 

Poops! ***** (00:37) Jimmy we lose. Help! Thanks everyone.I was playing firefighter hero guy to save captain canine when I got stuck to this red thingamajigger. That´s not a red thingamajigger Lupi. That there is an old drinking fountain.

Actually Lupi your’re stuck to a fire hydrant. These fire hydrants have water inside that firefighters use to put out fires. Real life firefighters use these funny-looking things to fight big scary fires? But how? I´m not sure, but firefighters know how. Firefighters work in fire stations. This looks like a job for Junior. Imagination, destination.

Let’s go to a fire station.

Hot dog! Now we look like real firefighters.****** (1:38) Why hello there!

Are you a firefighter? I sure AM. I´m the fire chief of this fire station. Wow! Cool! Is that your fire truck? Well it´s not just mine. It takes the team of brave firefighters to use this fire truck, so we can help people in emergencies. A whole team to drive one truck? What does each firefighter do? Good question! Maybe ****** (2:05) Tippet can help explain. Sure, I can show you!

Sometimes you need one firefighter to drive the truck and one to turn on the siren. When there´s a fire, firefighters connect a big fire hose to a fire hydrant and use that water to put out the fire. The water comes from a big water tank that sends water underground to fire hydrants all over town.

Now it makes sense! Thanks tippet!

Anytime Kate!

So that´s how firefighters use fire hydrants to put out fires. Yes, a fire hydrant is a very important tool that firefighters use every day. Chief Pepe’s pizza is on fire we need more help! Copy that. We´re on our way!

No I love Pepe’s pizza.

I really love that one pizza, with the carrots, and the marshmallows…

[Music]

All right kids, it´s important that you don´t go near the fire. It´s not safe!

Okay, but how can we help? I need your help connecting the fire hose to that fire hydrant. Theo and Kate can you unroll the fire hose? You got it! Lupi I need you at the fire hydrant. Junior and Mimi, can you go to the firetruck toolbox and find the fire hydrant wrench? We’re on it!

Great! Now remember fire and smoke is no joke. Let´s be smart and safe and let´s work as a team. You´re doing a great job Lupi. Thanks fire hydrant. When they get here with the fire hose tell them to connect it on my side. That´s where it goes. Okay Do you know which tool is the fire hydrant wrench?

Great job! That´s the fire hydrant wrench. The hose

goes on the side, guys. Thanks Ruby. Now we just need to use the wrench to turn the water on.

It´s too tight! I can´t turn it on. I can help with that!

Thanks handy hands (4:52)

We did it! The fire is out.

Great teamwork everyone. That´s what being a firefighter is all about. It looks like our job here is done. Imagination destination. Let’s go home.

3,2,1. Got you.

Great team work everyone. Just like firefighters.

Come on, captain canine, not again.

8 Mar 2019     

yanogator
United States

Hi, Mari,
I have just a few corrections to Mary�s suggestions. I looked at the subtitles, but they have a number of mistakes in them, starting with calling the character Lucy, which is definitely wrong.

"Lupi" is probably spelled "Loopy" in English.

Just before 00:37, it might be "Oops!" rather than "Poops!", but I can�t be sure of that. "Oops" is a very common word after making a mistake, though.

Since Loopy was saying  wee-woo-wee-woo, the line at 00:37 is "Too many wee-woo�s".

Bruce 

10 Mar 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Yep!! thanks Bruce, it wasn�t my bussiness and definitely you are right,  that is the big difference between a native and a profane, hehe.
Once more, though it is not my concern except for my little intervention saying wrongly subs seemed right, thanks so much! I am learning lots with all of you! ;) 

10 Mar 2019     

yanogator
United States

Aisha, you know that all contributions are welcome here, even if they turn out not to be 100% right. We all contribute to the best of our ability.

:)

10 Mar 2019     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Thanks for all the comments! They helped a lot! AMAZING JOB!

I just feel there�s another word after Loopy, maybe starting with a T?

Don´t worry captain canine, firefighter Loopy** (00:32) rescue you .

s2 

11 Mar 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Well, I have made a research and Lupi is not Loopy, probably comes from LUPITA, a Spanish name.
On the other hand I have made an efford trying to understand well the sentence you ask for and it loos like she says "Lupi to the rescue", the problem is that the toon takes her time to say it. I hope it helps you.
Have a great week!! Cheers! ;) 
Aisha  

11 Mar 2019     

yanogator
United States

Aisha, you are right on both items. I didn�t research it; I just assumed it was the English word "loopy" being used as a name, but I have researched it now, and you are right that it is Lupi.

In my research, I found that the other character that is named is "Tidbit" (poorly pronounced in the video), not Tippet.

Also, I�m not sure why I missed that first one when I did this. You are right that it says "Firefighter Lupi to the rescue".

Bruce 

11 Mar 2019     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Perfect! Here�s the class. Thanks for your help. =) http://www.eslprintables.com/vocabulary_worksheets/jobs_occupations_professions/jobs_/Junior_on_the_Job_cartoon_El_948997/

11 Mar 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Thanks so much Bruce, I was scared to post it..., you as native did it well, but just as Mari asked for the little piece missing I wanted to know more about the characters and found up (like you) that the name was Lupi. Actually it comes from Guadalupe, and the shorten way is Lupita and Lupi...
Thanks for taking your time too to realize the real name was Tidbit, hehehe my research was bad indeed, cause I didn�t see that, ;)
Have a great week each of you
Aisha  

11 Mar 2019