Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF THE DAY WINNER!    

WORD OF THE DAY WINNER!

Aisha77
Spain

WORD OF THE DAY WINNER!

Thanks to all that participated in daffynition contest. I have to choose one so I pick up this one:
 A gook is a crazy person (kook)...a gobb is a big mass of chewed bubblegum (at least 10 sticks of gum chewed at the same time)...ledy is an alternative form of leaden meaning heavy)...So, gobbledygook is is how you feel if you were crazy enough to chew a huge wad of gum that is so big that your whole mouth feels as heavy as lead...Also known as "leadmouth".
It correspond to Mary (redcamarocruiser), so
MARY now is up to you!! Congratulations! 
Aisha ;) 
EDIT: I forgot to tell u the meaning!!  Wacko
Gobbledygook:
Created from the meaningless sound that turkeys make, gobbledygook (noun) was originally an American English word. It was created in the 1940�s to mean words that are nonsense or have no meaning. It also describes when people use too many technical words and so other people can�t understand what they�e saying.

20 Mar 2019      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Thank you Aisha.

I will post a word soon. 

20 Mar 2019