Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Trips from a EU country to the UK in case of Hard Brexit on 12th April    

Trips from a EU country to the UK in case of Hard Brexit on 12th April

MChappell
France

Trips from a EU country to the UK in case of Hard Brexit on 12th April

Hello

We�ve planned a school trip to London from the 10 to the 16th April 2019 which could mean that we�d be there after Bexit.
I�ve read that we should be able to go with our IDs and not need a passport and so will be able to come back to France without any problems. What worries me more is that we won�t be able to use the European Health Insurance Card. How do the college administrations handle the question in your colleges?
Thanks for your advice
Marie-Pierre

28 Mar 2019      

dawnmain
United Kingdom

could you take out private travel insurance to cover the trip? it is a short trip so shouldn�t be expensive.

29 Mar 2019     

valodra
France

Hello Marie-Pierre,
As it is going, you might be back before Brexit�( no joke). I do not organize a school trip to the UK this year, but I did last year. I "used" a trip agency ( Don�t really know how to call it :-S ) - such as Verdi�. If this is your case, I think you�d better call them.
Otherwise, I organized a school trip to the USA many years ago, and I asked the parents for private insurance , + if I remember well, my school took an extra insurance for the group as well...
Val 
edit : I�ve just checked ( French Embassy - London ; you can check this link ( or call them ;-)

Hope this helps ;-)

29 Mar 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Brexit won�t happen soon, if ever. Enjoy your trip. 

29 Mar 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

I agree with Lynne, I think Brexit will end up as some kind of weird tourist attraction thing somewhere around parliament. I foresee loads of foreign tourists taking photos of the remainers and leavers all politely shouting at each other and drinking tea.
There should be a two year transition period, anyway, even if they leave tonight (which they haven�t). So the health card should still be valid for the times you have mentioned.
By the way, ironically, the only good thing about Brexit appears to be the fact that many people from the EU have decided to visit before it�s too late. Apparently, the country, London in particular, is experiencing a surge in tourists. Getting the most out of the free movement of EU nationals and cheap pound while they still can. All the ingredients of a good old fashioned Ealing Comedy.

29 Mar 2019     

valodra
France

Not making fun of Britain - right ? France can be very….. funny….. at times too !! 

30 Mar 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s brilliant! LOL God, there are some wits out there, aren� there? I�ve sent this to everybody I know!

Lynne 

30 Mar 2019