Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > FOR THOSE LAZY TEACHERS!    

FOR THOSE LAZY TEACHERS!

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

FOR THOSE LAZY TEACHERS!

It �s not fair to upload and DOWNLOAD wss with just scanned or taken from the net pictures- without any personal touch as frenchfrog says! We all are very busy and sometimes �we don �t have any time to surf the net looking for a picture we need. But why most of us spend hours creating awersome wss and the others just send a picture and gain points ( a lot of points by the way!)� I don �t understand! Are you so lazy?! You are even not ashamed to say that this kind of work is very creative!!!!!!! I am speechless.....

12 Mar 2009      

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmileD Morning dear Svetlana! You are absolutely right, but I truly do not know what else we can do.

Someone suggested, I believe it was frenchfrog, that those people who download these worksheets came into the forum, not to be crucified, but to help us understand what makes them download a picture that can be found in seconds in google and how they make an ESL resource of it.

ESLprintables is the best site for ESLteachers, but it could be so much better if everybody played by the rules and made an effort to share with us quality work, which is, as you �ve just said, timeconsuming. Yes, it is very frustrating seeing a worksheet - which did not take more than 5 to 10 minutes to create -  being downoaded by the  hundreds,and, say, a 12-hour-worksheet being downloaded the same number of times or even less.  But the question remains - What can we do?

Have a nice day!
Hugs from wet, foggy Azores.
mena

12 Mar 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I really don �t know what we can do! I noticed that those people who DOWNLOAD these �so called wss even don �t leave a thank you comment! They are probably so so busy � and we are just �wasting our time on ´complaining.´ I am really upset! As one of those teachers said we don�t let them ENJOY SUCH WONDERFUL AND USEFUL WORK! No comments ! My personal opinion is that people who steal other people´s work and make no effort to create something of their own DON´T RESPECT THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don´t want to inmrove the quality of their work and I am not sure that such people are capable of teching something good!

12 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

This is an example of someone trying to score points and not sharing work.
Can you imagine uploading just half of an activity?
What is going on here?
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=195021#thetop

12 Mar 2009     

Paree
India

Check this out.....this person has crossed all limits. Copied work from Carriekitten and named it his/hers.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=194899#thetop (copied)

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=12245#thetop (orignal)

12 Mar 2009     

cookingongas
France

I agree that uploading half an activity looks a bit odd - but the member in question here has over six hundred points! Surely they are not trying to be mean with their work to score more? We only need thirty to have access to all the worksheets we want, after all.

It �s easy to condemn others quickly, especially when we are indeed very busy, but why would someone with over six hundred points be trying so hard to score more?

Sometimes a simple picture found on the internet can be just what a teacher needs to fill out a lesson, but it might take hours to find just the right picture. If I can find it here, that �ll save me a lot of time using Google Image Search.

I don �t know of any rule that says we have to spend hours making everything we upload. If something is useful, it will be downloaded. If not, it won �t, and will then be deleted after a month (I think - am I right?).

Let �s not be jealous of other members for scoring points easily. After all, we �re here to share.

12 Mar 2009     

cookingongas
France

I have to agree, however, that uploading someone else �s work is absolutely unacceptable.

12 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Dear Congas - this has nothing to do with jealousy, it has to do with sharing.
We �ve had this discussion a million times. If an activity can be on one upload, then do it.
There is no reason why a simple black and white activity is divided up into 2 uploads.

An image uploaded from the net and pasted into a Word document without any contribution from the "author" is NOT considered an ESL material. (read Victor �s rules)
If an image from the internet is JUST what a person needs, then they should link to that image.
My 5 cents worth.
L

12 Mar 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with you, Lisa.

And with Svetlana and mena too.

MAR

12 Mar 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Sorry, I didn �t see that Svetlana started the very same topic that bothers me! (Thank you for answering me, Svetlana!). And of course this isn �t a question of jealousy! After all, we don �t need to score hundreds and hundreds of points, what for?  I honestly believe that the ones among us that have thousands of points keep on uploading their work because they are talented and generous people who WANT TO SHARE their creations with us - their purpose is not to score more and more points, for sure!!!!!!!!!!
Have a good day,
Aimee

12 Mar 2009