Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Statement    

Statement

qismat
Pakistan

Statement

Plz verify which is correct answer? Where do we find valley? The low lans between hills ans mountain is calked valley. B) we find valley in the low land between hills and mountain

16 Apr 2019      

Ruthie08
Korea, South

I would say it�s "A". Low lands between hills and mountains. Simply because it�s in between two mountains or hills.

16 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Hi! I wish I could tell you, but it would be better to correct a little your sentences to be able to understand which one is not correct, unless the questions are about geography, in that case, I don�t know much...
I wait for the correction...  

17 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

The low lans between hills ans mountain is calked valley?
Maybe: The low lands between hills and mountains is called valley?

If the sentence is like this I would say this is not correct, as it should be:
The low lands between hills and mountains ARE called "valleys".

You didn�t write any letter before this sentence, lets say it�s "A". Then "A" is wrong for that reason...

Now: B) we find valley in the low land between hills and mountain
Here the begginig of the sentence is a little bit wierd, I would rather say: We find "valleys" in the low land between hills and mountains.

So the answer depends a little bit on those changes (check your sentences because like this way, in my opinion, both are incorrect).

17 Apr 2019     

spradley03
United States

Where do we find (a valley) [s]? 

17 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

spradley03  
?? Are you asking me??? 
Cause I didn�t write "a valley (s)" but "valleys"
And as a general statement I thought it was better to say it in plural, and it was writen without any article in the example ...
PD: I see>!! Yes! The question was writen as I said without any article and it should be either "a valley" or "valleys"... 
Aisha ;)

17 Apr 2019     

spradley03
United States

That is what I was saying. Native speaker here. I would say either of those, never what was originally said. I would also answer

The low lans between hills ans mountain is calked valley. B) we find valley in the low land between hills and mountain 

A. The low lands between hills are called valleys .  
B.  The low lands between mountains are called valleys 

17 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

oh yeah!! I know you are native, I didn�t say anything, just asking as I didn�t understand well, but that�s why I wrote after my PD. Thanks so much!!

17 Apr 2019