Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Not a simple yes-or-no question :)    

Not a simple yes-or-no question :)

Aisha77
Spain

Is Kerala some kind of resort??
67Englishteacher: It would fit perfectly well that meaning of yours, so it might be... 
Aisha ;) 

23 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

According to thesaurus.com , �mind� is a synonym of �heed�. Mind also is synonymous with note, take notice, and pay attention, as you explained, Lynne. I am on a tablet so cannot post the links, but entering theasaurus.com , one can search on mind and heed.

My favorite meaning would be �be aware�, as you suggested.

Other common examples are:

Mind the music and your step.

Mind the gap.

Mind your manners.

23 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, I like �mind you� and �heed�. 
Lynne 

24 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Mary, I use all the time the expression: "mind your fingers" with my niece and nephew... They like putting their hands in between the door and the frame 
But in Lynne�s paragraph didn�t make sense the meaning "be aware" (I think), that is why I asked, I never saw the word between commas as a whole meaning itself...so, "take note" it�s the meaning, I guess.  
Thanks to you all!

24 Apr 2019     

FrauSue
France

�Mind� can mean �heed� (as in �mind the gap�), but where I come from (bonnie Scotland!) it also means �remember� or �don�t forget to.�
Mind you get the messages! = Please don�t forget to do the shopping. 

24 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

How interesting! It�s strange how a simple word can have so many connotations...
Thank you all! ;) 

24 Apr 2019     

< Previous   1    2