Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > because baskets are gonna run down the court again. ?? I Believe but maybe that only goes so far as something like this.??    

because baskets are gonna run down the court again. ?? I Believe but maybe that only goes so far as something like this.??

mari_18cf
Brazil

because baskets are gonna run down the court again. ?? I Believe but maybe that only goes so far as something like this.??

Hey guys, I�m preparing a class to post here about the latest movie "breakthrough". I transcribed the trailer but I can�t get these two sentences in red. Can you help me please ? (Video)

Rise and shine, breakfast is ready in ten minutes. And don�t make me come back up there!

This is our town, it�s a close-knit community. A kind of place where everyone knows everyone.

I missed you!

Hey, how are you girls? And we�re always there for each other.

Nice sermon pastor!

Well what do you guys have on for the rest of the day?

Well, John has a basketball game.

Yeah, I�ve seen this guy hoop it up around here. This kid is so lit!

Text your mom tomorrow and tell her when and where to pick you up and don�t do anything stupid.

Love you guys.

Boys, get off the ice! We�re training for the Olympics, sir!

Cindy.

He�s been underwater for more than 15 minutes It�s gonna be a recovery, not a rescue.

I got something.

We got him!

We’ve done everything medically possible. There�s nothing more we can do.

Please God, send your Holy Spirit, this is my son.

A fourteen-year-old, St. Charles boy, who spent 15 minutes trapped underwater is continuing to fight for his life.

I don�t believe John will survive the night. You don�t know my son. He is a fighter. So I need you to be the best for John and you just let God do the rest.

You are my pride and joy, I can�t wait to see you because baskets are gonna run down the court again. (01:41)

The Smith family asks for one thing: please pray for John.

In the water that day, I was ready to give up but then I hear this voice telling me: go back.

Either I’m nuts or God�s talking to you. But I don�t believe in God.

I Believe but maybe that only goes so far as something like this. (02:00)

I�m your pastor. I�m supposed to walk alongside you for as long as it takes.

Did you see the Facebook page? It�s gone viral!

Tommy, I hope is gonna be okay.

We�re not gonna get through this alone. Whatever you have for me

From Bryan

From John

I surrender

23 Apr 2019      

yanogator
United States

Shoot those baskets and run up and down (the) court again.

I put "the" in parentheses, because she probably said it, but she was choked up, so she couldn�t speak clearly.

I believe, but maybe that only goes so far with something like this.

Bruce   :) 

23 Apr 2019     

yanogator
United States

Toward the beginning, it isn�t "I missed you". It�s "Hi, Miss J"

About 1:15, it�s "This ain�t my son", not "This is my son"

Near the end: "I hope he�s going to be OK"

Bruce    :)

23 Apr 2019     

mari_18cf
Brazil

You�re great!

23 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Bruce: Like you heard; I also hear "this ain�t my son" in min 1:15 ... but, when going on with the video, she says to the doctor "You don�t know my son", so, could it be she didn�t pronounce the words as expected in that part either?... Or maybe he�s been adopted...
Thanks in advance! 

24 Apr 2019     

yanogator
United States

Aisha,
I interpreted the statement as saying that the boy there is not her son as she knows him (Is he in a coma or something?), and she wants "her son" back.

Bruce 

24 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

oh!!!  I understand! Thanks a million, Bruce, like always you are of so much help!

24 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

That makes sense to me, too, Bruce.

24 Apr 2019     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Here�s the class. 

2 May 2019     

mari_18cf
Brazil

I have been listening to this clip multiple times (in class). And now I hear " send your Holy Spirit to save my son. "

Am I crazy?

10 May 2019