Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > right word    

right word

tommy1996
Vietnam

right word

Please help me with some sentences:
  1. He was a(n) ______________________ judge who acted absolutely fairly. (interest) 
  2. The _______________________ exam is on Sun morning. (write)
  3. The _______________________ test was very hard. (listen)
  4. Each student must pass the _______________________ test. (speak
  5. __________________ is the mother of any invention. (need)
  6. Our boys play ________________ today. (disappoint)
  7. Two new roads are being built to increase________ to the town centre.(access)
  8.  A lot of water is wasted through ___________________________. (leak)
  9. The ________________ of good public transport will be essential for developing the area. (provide)
  10. Club members have ____________________________ agreed to the changes. (provide)
  11.  The success of advertising proves that we are all highly _______________________. (suggest)
  12.  Some of his pictures are rather _________________________. (suggest)
  13.  I went on a ____________________ course on new techniques in design. (refresh)
  14.  Hotel prices in the major cities are high but not __________________________. (prohibit)
  15.  Property in the area tends to be _________________________ expensive. (prohibit)
  16. Farm ___________________ are always exported. (produce)
  17. The ________________ of this machine requires the latest techniques. (produce)
  18. He is  good at cake ____________________________. (decorate)
  19. Millions of Africans were sold into ____________ between the 17th and 19th centuries. (slave)
  20. I follow the rules __________________________. (slave)
  21. She picked up the ________________________ and dialled his number. (receive)
  22. Goods will be delivered on ______________________ of payment. (receive)
  23. This company makes no ______________________ between the sexes. (distinguish)

1-

25 May 2019      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Tommy:

I suggest the following:

1. He was a(n) ______DISINTERESTED________________ judge who acted absolutely fairly. (interest)
  2. The _____WRITTEN__________________ exam is on Sun morning. (write)
  3. The _______LISTENING________________ test was very hard. (listen)
  4. Each student must pass the ____SPEAKING___________________ test. (speak
  5. _____NECESSITY_____________ is the mother of any invention. (need)
  6. Our boys play ___DISAPPOINTED_____ today. (disappoint) (OUR BOYS� PLAY DISAPPOINTED US TODAY.) (OUR BOY�S PLAY WAS DISAPPOINTING TODAY.) (OUR BOYS PLAYED DISAPPOINTINGLY TODAY.)
  7. Two new roads are being built to increase__ACCESS______ to the town centre.(access)
  8. A lot of water is wasted through ___________LEAKAGE________________. (leak)
  9. The ___PROVISION_____ of good public transport will be essential for developing the area. (provide)
  10. Club members have _PROVISIONALLY__ agreed to the changes. (provide)
  11. The success of advertising proves that we are all highly __SUGGESTIBLE____________. (suggest)
  12. Some of his pictures are rather ____SUGGESTIVE_____________________. (suggest)
  13. I went on a ____REFRESHER___________ course on new techniques in design. (refresh)
  14. Hotel prices in the major cities are high but not _PROHIBITIVE_________. (prohibit)
  15. Property in the area tends to be ___PROHIBITIVELY_______ expensive. (prohibit)
  16. Farm ____PRODUCTS_______________ are always exported. (produce)
  17. The __PRODUCTION_________ of this machine requires the latest techniques. (produce)
  18. He is good at cake ___________DECORATION_________________. (decorate)
  19. Millions of Africans were sold into _SLAVERY__ between the 17th and 19th centuries. (slave)
  20. I follow the rules _____SLAVISHLY_____________________. (slave)
  21. She picked up the ______RECEIVER__________________ and dialled his number. (receive)
  22. Goods will be delivered on _______RECEIPT_______________ of payment. (receive)
  23. This company makes no DISTINCTION_______________ between the sexes. (distinguish)

Les Douglas 

25 May 2019     

tommy1996
Vietnam

Can we use the word " accessibility" for the seventh one?
thanks 

28 May 2019