Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD Daffynition contest! 5/29/2019    

WORD Daffynition contest! 5/29/2019

redcamarocruiser
United States

WORD Daffynition contest! 5/29/2019

Thank you karagozian  for choosing my daffynition. The new selection for the contest is
 ultracrepidarian
Just a reminder that we are not looking for the real definition of the word, but your whimsical made-up definitions. I am looking forward to your creative entries. 

I hope you have fun with this word. 

29 May 2019      

karagozian
France

This is undoubtedly an Armenian name. Ian meaning belonging to the family. So ultracrepidarian means of the family of the ultracrepidars.

29 May 2019     

maryse pey�
France

Here it is a game for the ones who are able to speak several languages in a same speech ! And who would like to commit a suicide just after.

Very funny and, of course, completely crazy.

ULTRA is for the �most possible listenable limit� - international language
CREPI is for the �most creepy game for the brain� - from the French �crêpe� which is the death material.
DA is for the Russian YES
RIAN is the boy who invented the game to save his best friend who wanted to commit a suicide... and both survived the longest game ever !

Ready to play with Les as our supervisor ?

29 May 2019     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

This must be VERY SLOWLY CREEPING PEDESTRIAN.

30 May 2019     

Marla D.
United States

One who is highly skilled in the art of creating the very French crepe.

30 May 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

An ultracrepidarian is a person with a really bad memory who ... who ... now, why did I come onto this forum?
Whose PC is this, anyway? 

31 May 2019     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

ULTRACREPIDARIAN

ULTRA-DECREPIT-DAIRY-AN

This word has two meanings.

1) "A very old person who likes mouldy cheese."

OR

2) "A very mouldy person who likes old cheese."

P.S For reasons of hygiene, this person is not suitable for supervising classroom games ... sorry, Maryse Pey�.

Les Douglas

31 May 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s someone who only goes about their business in the dusky hours. They are drawn to dark, dingy places where they spook ordinary folks with their lugubrious presence.

1 Jun 2019