Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption competition    

Caption competition

karagozian
France

Stop struggling dear Lynne. No way, he is too strong for us. This is for sure our dear Dale. He has now been recognized as the super hero of the year. This is a picture where he is clearly carrying a super tanker with millions of barrels of oil. The tanker had an engine failure in the Atlantic Ocean. It was going to run aground when our dear Dale (our hero) accepted to stop and carry the ship, thus avoiding a new major ecological disaster. In the picture he is patiently waiting for heavy material cranes (not birds)  to come to try to tow the ship in safe waters. Let�s hope that he can hold on and can be freed soon from his uncomfortable position.
Do you know that every year, on average, more than two dozen large ships sink, or otherwise go missing, taking their crews along with them. So not only an ecological disaster but also a humanitarian disaster to be be avoided.
We will never be thankful enough to this generous man.
Let�s thank DALE again and again.

PS: I finally found how to use these emoti.......

No, he is not splashing around.

18 Jun 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

He�s here, he�s there, he� s everywhere! Unscramble the letters to find the name: elda. 
But he�s not the winner 

18 Jun 2019     

karagozian
France

DALE !

18 Jun 2019     

karagozian
France

The show must go on !  Dale is still the record holder with 27 entries.

18 Jun 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Fantastic entries! Lots of lateral thinking going on. A special �thank you� to Monique for being Monique. I loved Sharwong�s �he�s not rocking the boat�. I thought elderberrywine�s �broaden his horizon, not cap it� was masterful use of language. I loved the �hat� entries, the first one from FrauSue, �his new hat is a boater�, but I am a massive fan of Napoleon Bonaparte, so that is your clue about who the winner is. 
Dale still holds the record for number of entries...  
Drum roll for the winner..................... sylvie spied-d-aignel!!!!!!  The new version of Napoleon�s bicorn hat! Over to you, Sylvie! 
Lynne  

19 Jun 2019     

Cariboo
France

Congrats to Sylvie !
  I must admit I liked this one too !

19 Jun 2019     

karagozian
France

Oh yes ! Congrats to our dearest Sylvie.

19 Jun 2019     

spied-d-aignel
France

Well well well many thanks for the honor , now I have to get through the ordeal of sending a picture on that forum(technicalities and me) as I have already told Lynne
Hugs everyone
Sylvie

19 Jun 2019     

FrauSue
France

Well done, Sylvie!

23 Jun 2019     

< Previous   1    2    3