Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > your help is wanted )))    

your help is wanted )))

Jayho
Australia

My first thought was ellipsis.

The flight was delayed (for) two days - both are ok in my neck of the woods

Cheers

Jayho 

14 Aug 2019     

sadbird
Belarus

It is amazing that the moderator says that it is better to use �for� with time. There is no doubt that at least three options are acceptable in this sentence. My problem is to explain it to my students and to teach how to use the prepositions and other things in the English language to pass their exams successfully :) Thank you for your comments Best wishes to all :)

15 Aug 2019     

kingfant72
Japan

I�d say "onto". BTW, if you take a guitar onto a submarine, Ringo Starr will probably sing about it, and nobody wants that!

23 Aug 2019     

chrissyden
United Kingdom

Hi, you would take your guitar on board a submarine. To help you decide, think about if the transport is commercial/public or personal. If it�s public/commercial it�s on Eg on a bus, train, submarine. If it�s more personal it�s in Eg in a car taxi Hope that helps 😊

25 Aug 2019     

chrissyden
United Kingdom

Sorry re above - it keeps removing new lines and spacing when I type! So might not look as clear but is the right answer

25 Aug 2019     

chrissyden
United Kingdom

GRe the flight delay.. Wait or wait for = either is right. 
This is because you are waiting for time, not an object. Time (ie 2 days) can be with or without for. 
 But if the wait relates to an object, you must use �for� 
Eg � I waited for the submarine.
 I waited two days for the submarine. 
 I waited two days 
I waited for two days 
 All of these are correct 😊

25 Aug 2019     

< Previous   1    2