Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > DAFFYNITION CONTEST 09/10/2019    

DAFFYNITION CONTEST 09/10/2019

Aisha77
Spain

DAFFYNITION CONTEST 09/10/2019

Well, well, well... It is hard to find a word that English speakers don�t know, but fortunately I found one that hopefully they won�t have a clue about.
Here it goes:
CHRIMBO 
So, I really want your most delirious and shocking meanings. Let�s start! 

8 Oct 2019      

Balkees32
Israel

chrimbo is kind of sweets in our country
it consists of white cream that is covered with chocolate

9 Oct 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

@Balkees32   Seriously? Or is it the daffynition? Cause I kind of believe everything, hehe! 

9 Oct 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It is a woman; a certain type of brainless woman, aka a bimbo. She loves Christmas, she starts Christmas shopping in January, she puts her dec’s up in September and she goes on about it all the time. She buys everybody fabulous presents. Her Christmas has to be perfect and you can even mention Jesus, but only once. She is a Chrimbo. (Christmas bimbo).

9 Oct 2019     

FrauSue
France

Chrimbo is an adjective, meaning chaotic or heading for a fiasco. "My English homework�s gone all chrimbo tonight. Help!"

9 Oct 2019     

douglas
United States

Chrimbo is a "Christmas Rambo" - these sale warriors seem to always come out of Christmas shopping sales with the best deals because they fight "to the death" to get their target.

Cheers,
douglas

10 Oct 2019     

teresasimoes
Portugal

CHRIMBO means going crazy about gifts 364 days before Christmas. It´s the other word for Christaholic.

10 Oct 2019     

adkal
Slovakia

CHRIMBO is a nickname of Christopher Columbus.  CHRIstopher landed IM the country of BOg Apple.   

11 Oct 2019