Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > downloaded document do not open normall they are no longer word documents    

downloaded document do not open normall they are no longer word documents

noura2
Tunisia

downloaded document do not open normall they are no longer word documents

hello,
Would you please tell me why I can�t open documents in word when I download them� they have the form of wordpad; 
Please help me 

9 Oct 2019      

Aisha77
Spain

Hi noura:
I am not sure, but I believe it can be the program you are trying to open it with, I explain myself:
Click with your right mouse and go to "PROPERTIES" then click and it will appear a new panel. There you can see the sentence: "OPENS WITH" and besides there is a small box where it�s written "CHANGE". Click on it and look for the "Word" program and click on it as well. Then you just save it or click "OK" or whatever is written below to save the changes. 
Hope it helps you
Cheers
Aisha ;) 

9 Oct 2019     

douglas
United States

It could be that you have an older version of Word--some of the contributions are .docx files versus the .doc files that older versions require.

Cheers,
Douglas

10 Oct 2019