Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A vocabulary question    

A vocabulary question

monder78
Poland

A vocabulary question

Hello 

I would like to share with you a  wonderful speech. Please find  attached the direct  link to  the youtube movie  :

In the 13th minute of   the speech the speaker  says   �������.. starts  here.
What is the missing word  ? I am not able to  catch it. I believe  you will also benefit a lot from listening to Lizzie , an excellent eye-opener. 
Thanks in advance. 

16 Oct 2019      

FrauSue
France

Youtube is telling me that the video is unavailable. Could you check the link, please?

16 Oct 2019     

monder78
Poland

Done

16 Oct 2019     

douglas
United States

"brave starts here"

17 Oct 2019     

cyssou
Tunisia

brave

17 Oct 2019     

monder78
Poland

Thanks  for your answers . I can hear  brave   , but  brave is not a  noun , and grammatically  it  should be a  noun (that is  bravery), at least to the best of my knowledge,  . None of the available dictionaries  has the entry brave  that  functions as a noun. Can anyone  explain  why it  is brave , not bravery , why not courage ?
Brave  from Cambridge dictionary  as  a noun has only the following  meaning  : 

brave
noun C ]
   old-fashioned
UK 

/breɪv/
 US 

/breɪv/
young Native American warrior (= fighting man). This word is usually considered offensive.

17 Oct 2019     

maryse pey�
France

It sounds like a proper noun here, doesn�t it ?

17 Oct 2019     

Jayho
Australia

Amazing video, and an amazing person!

It�s like a newspaper headline and headlines are not always grammatically correct. 

It can be read correctly as (Being) brave starts here

Cheers

Jayho 

17 Oct 2019