Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

Thank you again, Aisha, for choosing my definition. Here is your new WOD. Let me remind you that we do not want the correct meaning. On top of this, we don�t even need etymological justification - try saying that three times quickly! - we need feasible, unfeasible, silly, serious, wacky etc daffynitions. Now on to your new WOD. It is:

OBLITERATE. 

16 Oct 2019      

maryse pey�
France

Résultat de recherche d´images pour "obelix laughing"Résultat de recherche d´images pour "obelix laughing"
This verb means to laugh in an impossible and terrible excessive rate like Obélix, the Gaulish character of the famous French comics series... and not being able to stop !

16 Oct 2019     

kingfant72
Japan

Obliterate refers to the special discount you get for nasty old cases of American beer that have been gathering dust on the shelves for a few years. It�s the OB (Old Beer) Lite Rate & remember, you get what you pay for, so DON�T DO IT!

16 Oct 2019     

MoodyMoody
United States

Obliterate refers to the rare non-medical person who can competently talk about pregnancy physiology to the doctors.

16 Oct 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

OBLITERATE means somebody who reads or writes obsessively. OB(sessive)LITERATE.

16 Oct 2019     

adkal
Slovakia

In my language the prefix OB- means every second. So obliterate means that every second person is literate. That�s my daffynition of obliterate.

17 Oct 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

This is the way they talk in slums:
Hey Bro, ya obliterate!
This means: "Hi, brother, you are being obliged to become a literate man!!

18 Oct 2019     

FrauSue
France

�Obliterate� is an adjective to describe a diagonal line in 3-dimensional space. E.g. "The plan made an obliterate landing due to strong crosswinds" or "The arrow took an obliterate path to the highest tree branch."

20 Oct 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Do obstetritians� patients litter more than the patients of other professionals?  What is the rate at which OB patients litter? The OB litter rate was found to be lower than the GP (General Practioner) litter rate.  

Obliterate means the rate at which the obstetrician patients litter. 

21 Oct 2019     

douglas
United States

"OB, for those days with a lite (flow) rate." 

22 Oct 2019