Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need help    

Need help

Emaratia
United Arab Emirates

Need help

I need a list of speaking/talking  activities for grade 3 and I need activities for asssessment and how to assess the activities anyone can help with this  

13 Mar 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

How about genki english games - there are so many that you might as well just go to the site for game ideas.  Some general ideas:

A couple of suggestions:

Re-enact a fairytale.

Story Stars - REad a story and the children have to act out one part per page.  Assessment is your observation.

Rhyming times:  Dr Suess books - kids have to guess the word at the end of the line from the previous rhyme.

Rhyming Times 2 - In small groups children have to write down the two words that rhyme.  You just read a page from �DR SUESS � cause he is sooooo cool!  Observation makes a great assessment - or get the kids to put their names on the paper and hand it in.  Make sure everyone gets a turn with the pen and the other children are telling them what to write.

Talking donuts - look up cooperative groups.

Telephone or chinese whispers.

tongue twister practice.

Chit chat chatterback - the kids tell each other their news - then the partner has to stand up and tell the class their friends news. (my invention - name to be patented - so make up your own - haha).  Then model writing of one childs news - everyone has to go to desk and write about the news that interested them most.

language experience:  make slime (cornflour and water) bring to class and ask kids to touch, feel etc.  I sometimes add green food colouring and tell them I found it under my bed - what could it be.  IT is a non-newtonian material so is neither solid or liquid - the kids love it - they can make it into a ball with pressure - but when they stop pushing it - it drips through their fingers.  Follow-up with a brainstorm on words on the whiteboard.  Then the kids go write about their �alien substance �.  They can then make a container - give it a description for sale and they get to take it home at the end of the day.

You assess their writing then get them to tell you all about it the next day.

Have fun

13 Mar 2009