Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > MOVING WORKSHEETS    

MOVING WORKSHEETS

nite
Spain

MOVING WORKSHEETS

PROBLEM: I spend my time creating the worksheets and when I upload them... They apear moved!Cry some fonts and sizes changed, pics not on the place they should be...Angry Why, why why? how do u do to upload those fantastic worksheets where nothing moves?Question

thanksSleepy

13 Mar 2009      

pandabear
United States

I have had the same experience.  This afternoon, I figured out a cause of the problem.  My worksheets made with Word 2007 have problems with the format and position of graphics shifting in the ESLPrintables preview window.  But today I edited and re-formatted a worksheet that had that problem in an older version of MS Word, uploaded it to replace the old one and it looks fine- no shifts in the format at all.  I was at work so I �m not 100% sure what version of Word it was, but it wasn �t Word 2007 or Word 2003.  The user interface looked older than those of the two latest versions of Word.  Maybe it was Word 2000.  Anyways, try making and editing your worksheets in an older version of MS Word.  Hopefully, you �ll have the same luck I did!

13 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I remember someone like alien boy explaining this really well one day.... But I can �t remember what he said so I am going to tell you what works for me! I use word 2007.

For me problems begin if I have inserted pictures, text boxes AND normal text on the page with no formatting.
One thing I always do now is try to do all my writing in text boxes and format them so that the sit square on the page. Same with all my pics.

Also you can try GROUPING multiple items together so they don �t move.
Go to select objects, then use the mouse to select what you want to group together, whether its a section or even the whole page.
Then go to FORMAT and there you will see an option called GROUP and when you click it, everything you have selected is now recognised as ONE item not many.. so you can move it for example as one thing on the page....(If this doesn �t help the problem you can chose to un group things too)

Sometimes for me the borders or the added shapes I had added as borders around the edge of the page were mucking things up. So I never add them until last.
I hope one of these solutions works for you!

13 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Wow Cheezel -I didn �t know that!  That �s called merging in the Paint program and I really missed that function in Word, and it was there along!

Thank you!
L

13 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

LOL Don �t worry I only found out about this option a couple of months ago when someone else mentioned it in the forum!
It doesn �t work 100% all the time... but MOST of the time doing the things I have mentioned have fixed my moving parts problem on a page!

13 Mar 2009