Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for a book recommendation...     

Looking for a book recommendation...

[email protected]
United Kingdom

Looking for a book recommendation...

Hello,

I�ve just finished �Market Leader�, intermediate level, with a small group of 3 students (managers for a local business). It did the job, but now we�ve finished it they�ve asked me to use a �normal� book, they found the business English a bit dry. I generally teach teens and large business classes, and the books I use for these classes are not quite right for 3 managers in their 30s and 40s. Could anyone suggest a suitable book? They are somewhere between B1 and B2, like a laugh, and want to concentrate on their speaking (don�t they all) so lengthy grammar and writing exercises are not preferred.

Thanks 

2 Nov 2019      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

The Excellence Gateway has lots of adult-friendly materials. There�s also a lot of listening exercises. I went to ESOL, Entry Level 3, which is intermediate, had a look at Unit 6 and it looks nice. I�m not sure if they have printed any text books... Oops, I posted the wrong link, having a look for it now.

2 Nov 2019     

maryse pey�
France

https://www.pdfdrive.com/business-management-books.html

All the books here are free. Have a look. You may find something suiting the needs of your students. 

2 Nov 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Here is a sample. Your group may need something more challenging , in which case, go to ESOL Level 1.  

2 Nov 2019     

[email protected]
United Kingdom

Thanks to you both for kindly taking the time to write. I�ve looked at  both those links and I�m sure I can use the materials.

Alex 

2 Nov 2019     

aftab57
United Kingdom

English Result and Speakout Pe-intermediate or Intermediate might be worth a look at .      

3 Nov 2019     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Speakout Intermediate is all about speaking communication. It�s based on The BBC materials and provides amazing topics for discussion. Have been using it with my adults for several years. Highly recommended!

5 Nov 2019