Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > COPY / PASTE    

COPY / PASTE

domnitza
Romania

COPY / PASTE

I love this function, don �t you? When downloading a worksheet, if you don �t have the time to write personal comments for every contributor, just type a THANK YOU and then copy / paste it. Of course, if you have the common sense to do that, since you are going to use something that somebody else took the effort to create. (I apologize to all those who have never left a single comment and who do not intend to leave any. Their choice, not my business.)
Frenchfrog had the courage once to bring to our attention printables without any "personal touch", and I am talking here about borders, frames, etc. Due to her post (and after many pages of debates which I am sure caused her a lot of trouble) a new rule appears every time we upload a printable:
We only accept ESL resources written in English language. A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection.

They say rules are made to be broken. But not this one, don �t you think?

I know that everybody loves colourful frames, borders, and that we don �t have the time to google for them. But it is up to those who find them to give the link to that site. I would.

Back to copy/paste, because that is what some people do when uploading a border here: they copy it from a site and paste it into a word document. How much effeort does it take them? The same it took me when posting a comment with the new rule Victor made. "WE only accept..." I guess this WE should include everyone here.It should, but it doesn �t, since there are some who really thank for a simple image or border.

13 Mar 2009      

pirchy
Israel

I couldn �t agree more!
A good ESL resource is one that includes an activity that teaches students something. It doesn �t have to be complicated. It can be something simple that makes our students think. When I check the daily contributions I sometimes think that it is a contest of "who has the nicest pictures and borders". The main point is the activity not the cliparts. This is especially important when teaching teenagers or adults. I often have to delete pictures or colorful borders and backgrounds because they are either childish or won �t come up in black and white. (yes, my school does not allow us to run off color ws, only B/W.)
I truly hope people will take notice of this important issue.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Hug

13 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Getting over 600 points simply by pasting pretty pictures into Word documents is DISGUSTING!! What a lack of respect for hardworking teachers (fortunately there are a lot of them on the site)!

I am sure it takes longer to register the "worksheet" than make the "worksheet" itself!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

13 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree,  these people probably can �t even make a decent ws so they take advantage of ours, using points they stole from others.
Shameful!
Thumbs Down

13 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Whoa!!!  That is one angry Frog there!!! Ermm
I sure wouldn �t want to meet her on some dark street!!! LOL

I totally agree with all of you. As I wrote above, I use such a long time making WSs and it is totally WAY OUT, that some people can �t take the time to make something wonderful that they can share with all the other wonderful people here.

13 Mar 2009