Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word Of The Day, 09/11/2019.    

Word Of The Day, 09/11/2019.

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Word Of The Day, 09/11/2019.

Dear Aisha,
Thank you for choosing me as Winner of the WOD Competion.

The WOD Competition word for today, is:

PROCRASTINATE
So, Members, submit your Daffy Dafinition of this word ... no matter how stupid, or off-beat it is. The funnier, the better!
But, DO NOT send in the correct Dictionary Description.

Give us your guesses, your "Noes; Praps; or Yeses";
Try nuclear fission, or Rembrandt, or Titian;
Or rhyme it, with stresses, like Toms, Mikes, and Jesses;
But, perdition, perdition! NOT the RIGHT DEFINITION.

Les Douglas

9 Nov 2019      

maryse pey�
France

Résultat de recherche d´images pour "dancing crane clipart"
PRovocative CRAne STarting a dance IN an AbsoluteTempo Engagement.

In other words : Dance of Love for Birds.

9 Nov 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

To procrastinate is to jump into a situation without thinking. A procro�s (that�s the usual term for a person who procrastinates) motto is: he who hesitates is lost. Go Pro! Just do it. 

10 Nov 2019     

FrauSue
France

Procrastinate is an adjective meaning ancient and crusty, but in a way which renders an object valuable. It�s often heard in the context of antiquities.

Here are a few examples of the word in recent news articles:
The hoard of procrastinate gold coins was recently unearthed in a local field.
This statue of Titan is exceptionally procrastinate after so many years under the sea. 

11 Nov 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Procrastinate is the motto of the Procrastinates, a group that is pro freedom of speech--even crass speech. -Tin ate commemorates the date 10/8 on which they attained victory when the appellate court ruled in their favor, upholding their right to use crass speech as an expression of their freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution.

15 Nov 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

It�s a corruption of an old English word "PROGRASSTINATE" which is what cows do all day to grass. Over the years, the spelling has changed due to regional differences, but the word still means the same; "to eat grass all day."

16 Nov 2019     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

WORD OF THE DAY, 09/11/2019.

TO PROCRASTINATE.
To keep delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring.
Delaying and wasting time.
"It is so complicated, and such a delicate subject. I am not sure how to answer the Boss�s question about re-arranging the Office Staff. I think that I�ll just procrastinate, and hope that he forgets about it."

That is the correct definition, but Redcamarocruiser gave such a convincing, plausible Daffynition that I declare him/her to be the winner.

"Procrastinate is the motto of the Procrastinates, a group that is pro freedom of speech--even crass speech. -Tin ate commemorates the date 10/8 on which they attained victory when the appellate court ruled in their favor, upholding their right to use crass speech as an expression of their freedom of speech guaranteed by the constitution."

CONGRATULATIONS Redcamarocruiser!

Please, continue the Competition by submitting your Word Of The Day to the ESLP Forum.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Les Douglas

19 Nov 2019